Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Ted Haggard...

As most of you have heard Ted Haggard has finally confessed to sexual misconduct in realtionship with a male prostitute. I read the USA Today story. I was mostly unaware of who this man was but obviously he held some significant influence in the Evangelical world. He endorsed a candidate who was against homosexual marriage in the election held today.
Tony Campolo said something interesting about the Ted Haggard issue: "We are all better than our worst mistakes."


At the same time, the National Youth Workers Convetion was picketed by three ardent men who advised that NYWC led to hell. MarkO encouraged everyone to be non combative and to buy the guys some Starbucks. I think that most of the fuel for this demonstration came from places like this (which, ironically were the same sites that were used to suggest that I should not attend this conference.)
NOTE: When I first tried to make some connections with these protestors I was thought I made some connections between organizations but now i can't seem to fidn the links on the web to help me make those same connections. Maybe they weren't there in the first place or maybe they have been removed.

1 comment:

Proffreezer said...

Wow! - I went to that Lighthouse site. I never knew there was this much serious resistance to spiritual formation. What I can't believe is that people would take this rambling seriously. I spent 15 minutes looking at stuff on the site and I was never once challenged with any meaningful arguement against contemplative spirituality, other than it sounds like "New Age". Wow!