But here as of the writing of these words:
I hereby renounce my alliegance to the Boston Bruins.
I'm giving myself a Christmas present. A whole new hockey team. And I'm letting you in on the action. For Cristmas this year I want to pick a new hockey team to cheer for. I am opening this up for you to make your bid for my allegiance. Now such as it is my loyalty may not seem like much - admittedly I am not the keenest hockey mind in the world but I do think I have a corner on my cul de sac (and probably my office as well). anyway as you can plainly see for me the criteria for choosing a new team is not entirely based on thier ability to win. So let me out line a few criteria for you to consider in making your bid:
1. I have a strong preference for hard working under dogs
2. I prefer teams who were playing in the 80's - to go along with my musical preferences (expansion teams after the 80's will have a tougher time earning my allegiance)
3. No Toronto, or Montreal. There will be a Christmas miracle for me to choose any of those two.
4. The rest of the Canadian teams have a natural draw for me.
5. The management/ownership of the team must not have it's cerebral cortex implanted in the fecal excrement of it's own body. (Honestly the Thorton trade was the last straw. I can stand the Bruins not taking the cup year after year - but i can't stand stupid management moves that make not sense at all)
So there you go I look forward to your solicitations and advice.