Sunday, August 27, 2006

Will you miss Mark?

Stupid question:
Things that will not happen when Mark is gone:
-Random body parts will not be punched, grabbed, poked or lit on fire.
The hair on my face (including beard, moustache, eyebrow, etc.) will not be removed when they exceed their appropriate length.
-Youth in our community will go without the daily/weekly jabs, hugs and other bodily assaults. They will also go without the names. Now there is hardly a person in this community (myself included) who is not referred to by some other nickname by Mark – so we will all return to using our regular names. Sick.
-I will not hop into a car or van and drive to Lethbridge to debrief the latest events in ministry over a pan scrambler with a man who not only do I respect but I know loves me and shares my passion for youth in this community.
-There will be fewer conversations about kids who are giving us goose bumps as they mature spiritually. And fewer conversations about the ones that break our hearts.
I will have less of those wickedly hilarious moments of conniving fun as we both think up the next stupid gross game we are going to spring on the kids.
-There will be less laughter altogether.
--But there most of all I will have less opportunity to see the powerful way God works through my brother as he serves this community and these kids.
Like I said stupid question!
The cool thing is that he/they are coming back which only means a return to the wacky normalcy that I have gotten so used to in these last few years.
It also means that I have a few short months to prepare my body for the onslaught that will no doubt erupt when he returns.
Mark, I hope you will have an awesome year studying. I know you will be challenged and refreshed. Anyways enough sappy crap! Get your rear end in gear and get your papers done you slacker!

1 comment:

Trevor said...

I guess I won't miss Mark any more than usual...but I have to say that when I read this post I am fighting jealousy. It is so great you guys have that relationship.