Friday, June 9, 2006

Mags or Rags...

Two new magazines that I have just subscribed to:
Sojourners
Sojourners, www.sojo.net, is a Christian ministry whose mission is to proclaim and practice the biblical call to integrate spiritual renewal and social justice.
In response to this call, we offer a vision for faith in public life by:
publishing
Sojourners magazine, SojoMail and other resources that address issues of faith, politics, and culture from a biblical perspective;
preaching, teaching, organizing, and public witness;
nurturing community by
bringing together people from the various traditions and streams of the church;
hosting an annual
program of voluntary service for education, ministry, and discipleship.
In our lives and in our work, we seek to be guided by the biblical principles of justice, mercy, and humility.

Scroll Down to the Bottom of the home page and check out a couple of awesome interviews with Philip Yancey and Wendell Berry - Both excellent material.

The Wittenburg Door
this is the mag started by Mike Yaconelli and has always been great pointing out where we as Christians tend to take ourselves too seriously. The Magazine was almost disallowed in my Bible College years ago. So naturally....
I was curious and have been warmly rewarded ever since.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh my gosh... I just checked out the Door's website. It is too funny. If I wasn't broke right now, I would have my subscription in place!

Clinton said...

Always loved perusing 'The Door' when I was in college. (it was a reading staple in our college library)