Friday, June 9, 2006

Duh World Cup

Most of my 'local' (and some of my far away) friends have written me off as a non soccer person. Probably cause I am fat. You know I'm not invited to any of the soccer parties or whatever.
I realize that as in much of the rest of life I am no expert. But let it be known...
I am cheering for all the Latino's
Mexico, Paraguay, Argentina, Ecuador, y Costa Rica
I've been to Costa Rica
I hope they slaughter Germany.
I know it is unlikely
But hey
Vive el Latino Libre!
World Cup Website

3 comments:

Teach said...

Hey Dale, if I had a World Cup party, you definitely would be invited! Alas, I am definitely no expert in this area and do not even have cable/satelite TV, so I will not be having a party.

Actually, professional sports is an area where I show little interest. I don't follow the NFL, CFL or NBL. It's been years since I followed the NBA, but I still have my favorties. The NHL is probably the front runner for professional sports that I follow - I watch a few minutes of key games only during the playoffs and yes, I have my favorties there too. As for soccer, I'd rather play than watch, and am partial to the Netherlands (my heritage). So don't feel bad, because I'm sure you know way more about any of those professional sports than I do.

Speaking of sports, isn't it about time for another poker night?

Gil said...

Dale,
You can come to my soccer party any day. I'm pretty sure you can't know any less about soccer than you do about hockey! Tough loss for the Ticos today but Ecuador is a bright spot. If only we could find a way to get Nicaragua in there hey!

Clinton said...

it's football folks, football not soccer :)