Thursday, April 20, 2006

an Invitation...

I am in the process of working on a creative project and would like to invite your participation.
This fall I am planning a weekend artistic symposium. Here's my brain wave:
Pick a word. I've thought of Father, Justice, Peace, Love, Jealousy, Anger, and Regeneration.
Then use this word as a centering concept to guide artistic expression for an entire weekend. I would like to invite painters, musicians, poets, story writers, song writers, bakers, cooks, welders, wood carvers, sculpters, inventors, bloggers, web designers, photographers, teachers. the idea is to allow this one concept to refine our aritistic expression.
Obviously it would be cool to have original material created at a symposium like this. But I would also love to have people with aritistic depth bring established art to bear on the concept. So for instance someone might want to develop a list of all recorded songs pertaining to that word/concept during the weekend - in this way you might call yourself an ipod artist.
I am looking at several weekends in November.
I have dreamed that the end result might be some show case of the collected material in 'show' of sorts. But mostly i hope the power of the collective leaves everyone more inspired and spiritually moved. I want no claim on what is produced nessecarily. I am also not limiting this in any way to people who have attained any specific level of skill in any particular discipline. Let me know if you are interested. You could also help me choose a word.

6 comments:

Proffreezer said...

I'm in.

Dan King said...

amazing idea dale ... brilliant!!

::dan::

Natasha said...

Redemption...or adoption maybe even? I don't know. You've got some gooders going. I'd be interested in attending this. (Keep in mind for all of us Yankees Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday in Nov.) Any ideas where this may take place?

Increasing... said...

Natasha I would love for both you and Jesse to join us. the venue would probably be here in Leth/Coaldale. Yeah i thought that the last weekend was probably out of the question. It would be absolutely awesome to have photographers as talented as you guys here for this. Good idea for the word...
I am getting so excited
i can hardly speak...

Natasha said...

Well, I'm not actually a photog....I just pretend. I only really know how to use photoshop, but I don't actually know anything about cameras. I am a painter though, and I'd be more than happy to pack up my liquitex and head up there! A lot of my paintings are "word-centered" like you have been talking about, so I'd be really interested to see how other types of media intrepret things. Definitely keep me posted!! This could turn into a huge annual thing...it'd be awesome.

Increasing... said...

goosebumps