Tuesday, August 9, 2005

the slippery slope

well, i've seen it too many times...
the honest soul led down the slithering path from regular behaviour to something else
one goes from drinking coffee (black) to the blithering abyss of Edible Oil Product enhanced beverages

from camping which preferrably happens with a tent or tarp to canvas heater boxes known fondly as tent trailers to these mobile satelite recieving stations with built in jacuzzi's on wheels.

we move from hymnals to overheads to powerpoint - to ahhhh they are imprinting the rock and roll lyrics on my retinas.

you can see it's all caving in

so where do you draw the line
where do you finally stand up and say the eighties ROCKED!
I know where Bono lives
I drive a gas guzzling ASTRO
I wipe my bottom with paper
I refuse to cave in
But then again maybe caving in is abou the only way to get to Jesus
I don't know?
and by the way i know that the fact that gil has a blog was an intentional ploy to get me to get one. Call me a sucker!
out.

3 comments:

YootguyMark said...

Well, Dale I knew it was but a matter of time. I look forward to reading some interesting and off the wall articles on this blog. You are a wise man with lots of good stuff to share.

Mark

Gil said...

Sucker, I've got you all in my trap.

Increasing... said...

thank you all