Saturday, August 13, 2005

gettin pounded at the pound

so i took a trip past my birthplace - - Swift Current - - to a little spot just north east of Moose Jaw. Buffalo Pound is a provincial park and the contrast could not have been different than the previous weekend. At Wasa Lake in BC - - we roasted with day time temps around 35.
Nope apparently the middle of August in middle of the prairies is dang near the closest thing you can get to the Arctic.
that is when camping turns from relaxation to all out work.
it was awesome to spend some time with my brother who i hadn't seen for a year.
something came out of the weekend. A franklin's ground squirrel lost it's life in a tragic murder in our campsite. we'll spare the naturalists the details. so should there be guilt attached to my association with this murder? I don't know? help me out?




Dale

2 comments:

YootguyMark said...

Well I am glad to hear that you have since arivved home saftley. Sorry to hear about the sub par weather but family sometimes makes up for that.
About the Ground squirrel. Some animals die and some live. "Survival of the fitest" comes to mind. Now I never saw the squirrell but I know how fit you are so I'm sure that squirrell had it coming.
Welcome home pal!!

Mark

Increasing... said...

thanks mark
i think that wasa with everybody was a real highlight for me

Dale