Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the good pain

Weight log: 218lb

Today I could have run for what felt like hours on that treadmill. I felt so good. 3.5 miles an hour for 60 minutes. Plus I actually ran for 6 whole minutes at top speed – to the rhythm of “She’s a Maniac". I starting to get strategies in place for keeping my ‘fitness’ regimen going while in Mexico. Lots of planning.

Today I was feeling overwhelmed – still feel that way. Too much work to do before I feel I can be ready for Mexico. I am need to get a lot of work done in advance and today it felt like the work is just insurmountable. I don’t want to feel pressure out there because this is supposed to be a celebration of our wedding anniversary. I am worried that I will be a grumpy old dog with all this stuff hanging over me. The treadmill seemed like the one thing that I could be in control of and it was almost like an escape. In fact if I am totally honest (imagine having to declare that fact) it felt very much the same way I have often experienced ‘comfort food’. It was like I was eating a big pile of mashed potatoes with gravy and huge juicy slice of turkey nestled into a huge dollop of cranberry sauce, stuffing, and some cinnamon pie. I know this stupid but i distinctly remember thing its almost like I’d like another serving of this treadmill stuff – Yikes – I am losing my mind.

“…and he’s dancing like he’s never danced before…”

No comments: