Sunday, October 15, 2006

This is my new guitar...

As some of you know already my washburn (in all likelyhood) got sat on. That is sorta what happens when your own guitar becomes the church guitar, I guess. Mostly, it probably suggests that I did not clean it up and pack it away as I 'should' have. It's sad really that washburn was a very special gift from Char for my birthday one year. (I'll tell you the whole story sometime)
So now I have this new one from Simon and Patrick. Cedar top - low sheen finish. Beautiful deep rich clean sound. Even a hacker like me couldn't make it sound bad. Now if only I could play as well as my brother Pat or Mo.

3 comments:

vicky said...

i love it dale. and i can't wait to see it this weekend. wanna jam? i'll bring my guitar too. but i'll be honest, i'm kinda disappointed. i was super excited to go guitar shopping with you and now i find out you've got one. but no worries. i completely understand a desparation to get a new one......the samick can only be played for so long. its amazing how we are wired. once we taste the sweet wine.....we can't go back and drink just any grape juice. what are all the fixings on this new piece of art? are you still using a pedal. i guarantee it will sound better without it. hahah. cheers!

Increasing... said...

yeah i am playing it naked.
hey by the way are you interestedin playing with me on Sunday - I am supposed to lead am service.

Proffreezer said...

Looks fine. Good choice it will be keep the Quebecois working for another day.