Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Kudos and questions...

Briercrest's Youth Quake is taking a turn...

Check this out from the event organizer:


"As soon as I booked our “big band,” I was uneasy. In the days leading up to their confirmation, God had convicted me of a practical idolatry that we were exercising in terms of the bands. We look to bands to save YQ, to bring kids to our event. The “need” for a band had skewed our priorities and we were offering increasingly costly sacrifices to appease our gods and win their favour. God called me on this and called me back to him."


Read the rest of it here.

Briercrest always puts on a great show. Last year in our Youth Min courses we discussed the YQ phenom at length. This announcement has reopened the whole issue in my mind - as if there was any room in my tiny brain for another opening...

ht: DAN KING

1 comment:

Dan King said...

thanks for the nod dale ...

::dan::