Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Homemade Jam...

When I first came to Coaldale M.B. Church, I was told that one of my assets was a group of older ladies (widows, missionary singles, and regular singles) who were committed to praying for my ministry. Not only has this proven to be true but I have recieved countless wonderful surprizes from this group of ladies. Cinnamon rings, and meat buns and preserves and all kinds of fabulous goodies. Many of these dear ladies have made it their business to watch out for me. Their prayers, I am sure, have sustained me in this ministry. Sometimes the finer nuances of youth ministry escape their paradigms and the story that follows is evidence of that. I mean no disrespect to them or their concern for me.
Anywho here is the first installment of Confessions of a Mennonite Youth Pastor...


6 comments:

Jesse said...

That's awesome! I can definitely picture that event in my head.

Dan King said...

this series is destined to be a classic ... when the boxset comes out put me down for one!!

::dan::

Trevor said...

I love it! Can you teach me the dance? Did you ever get some jam out of the deal? I would have told her we needed lots of jars.

jenivere said...

I think my baby has shaken baby syndrome now from me laughing so hard!!! Great on the video, somehow reading it just wouldn't have translated!

Proffreezer said...

Laughed very hard. Where did you get that bong?

Anonymous said...

bong?