Monday, September 10, 2007

School boy


For those of you who care and actually stop this e-rag:
-I am really enjoying my classes
-they are stimulating and very much ‘up my alley’…
-my legs have turned to jelly from the 500 plus stairs and excessive kms required to get to and from class each day.
My first day jitters are mostly subsided and I have started to relax with my MUCH younger classmates.
I am taking mostly introductory courses in: sociology (stuff I am very familiar with from previous experience); anthropology (likely the class I enjoy the most – good prof. – engaging and succinct); Spanish (I got bumped up into the intermediate level course after taking the advanced placement test and scoring well enough to get in. The Ms. Housley spoke mostly in Spanish all class – very cool almost like a breath of fresh air. Kids are pretty reluctant to speak in class. I might even have a slight advantage in this class.); Philosophy (this is a freak show of a class. The prof is a distractible tangent loving blabberer who has already got into trouble with a few students for straying from the outline of the course. We’ve spent the last two classes talking about the Bible (might post more about this)
Psych is tomorrow night – so we’ll see…
No essays, just multiple guess exams and a lot of them. Oh yeah some short answer in Philosophy…
It is all good. I like it and my legs will just have to get used to it…

5 comments:

Michael Krahn said...

I started last night... part time for now, hopefully full-time in January.

My two classes this semester are Missiology and Spiritual Formation.

Paul said...

thats awesome dale, thanks for the update! go hard man...

Increasing... said...

thanks guys

Natasha said...

I too am in Spanish this semester, and yes you stinking have a HUGE advantage in that class....I'm struggling there a bit. Let's just say I am very very American and very very white. Hope you continue to enjoy the classes!

Unknown said...

dale? dale? Daaaaallllllleeeeee? where are you? i can't seem to track you down on our less-than massive but more so hilly campus.

where far out thou oh dale?

i seem to find myself in the library a lot...and bored...working a lot (in the library) and playing rugby.

t'would be good to do coffee sometime...this week maybe?