Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The new old way of making coffee...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I picked up this little number for under $20.00. The reason? I had been asked to make 'moroccan coffee' for a missions night we had recently. The recipe calls for cardamom and cinamon in with your coffee grounds. This stove top model works slick - you simply fill with espresso ground coffee and in this case the above mentioned spices and let it cook. I quite like the taste. Always a bit of a challenge to see if you are making the authenitc thing when you have never been to the country in question. I asked the missionary dude about my recipe and he seemed quite clueless as to whether the spices were actually a cultural norm but as in most countries of that part of the world the coffee is always thick...

2 comments:

officehourthoughts said...

Hey, so the other day I got an authentic Etheopian Coffee experience!!! Very awesome. I'll be posting some pics later next week. I thought about you and how you would love it the whole time.... well excpet for when I was sipping on some delicious brew :D

Increasing... said...

do tell - i am looking forward to your post