Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The dirty deed...

So as many of you already know…
I have submitted my resignation to the church. Wednesday night I read the letter to council and gave a brief description of my reasons for leaving. Sunday morning I read an announcement at the end of the service letting the rest of the church know. The end date is June 2007. That likely seems like a long ways away for some of you who have done this resigning thing before. I thought that would leave an opportunity to bring some natural closure to the youth ministry.
It’s true I would have liked to stay longer and the reasons for leaving are complicated. There are things about how this all went down that brings me a great deal of disappointment. But Char and I are convinced that this is the right move for us. We have had that confirmed in many ways.
I look back on 13 years of ministry with a fondness and pride. I have been privileged to see God work in the lives of so many students. A number of students have pursued vocational ministry of one form or another – that should possibly stand as badge or something. But really the most rewarding thing has been to see people changed by God.
It’s tough to think that I may not be able to do what I love along side my buddy Mark. I kinda think he is sorta ticked at me for going through with this. Sorry Mark!
As far as future plans…
Pretty much wide open. One thing that we have thought of is me completing my Masters Degree at BibleCrest. We really don’t want to move so we are starting to scheme for ways to be able to stay and do the modular education from Coaldale. But if you guys out in blogger land have any suggestions for our future please feel free to fire them this way.
These are pretty gloomy days for me. I can’t help feeling a huge of guilt over leaving these youth. Maybe I shoulda been able to suck it up and deal with the ‘stuff’ for their sakes. It is also incredibly hard to think about creating a separation in something that has become so much a part of my life.
Anyways enough depressing talk. We have a lot getting on with it…
Thanks to all of you who have been a sounding board and a support in these last few months and weeks.

10 comments:

Dan King said...

dale ...

wow ... you've done well these years my friend ... and the best is yet to come ... finish well!

::dan::

YootguyMark said...

Well...I...am not mad but I do and have and will shed many a tear to know that our Coaldale ministry will be done. Dale,...I already miss you and am praying for you and your family. Man... I love you!! You are a great examle to me of how to love kids! Enough...
Peace
md

Paul said...

Wow, Dale! I wish you all the best in your plans, whether schooling, or ministry else where! All the best to you in these times, I am sure its not easy. God Bless you and your Family!!!

Jesse said...

I was trying to think of something to say to you Dale, but I can't figure out how to word my gratitude for you. So, I'll leave it simple - Thanks for your years of dedication to Coaldale.

If your future plans change, and end up involving Kansas City, let me know and I'll hook you up.

vicky said...

dale...
you are passionate, commited, creative, and inspiring. through the years i have always counted myself blessed to be a friend. thank you for your many years giving to the people of coaldale. but above all thank you for your friendship.
here's to the years to come
cheers
vics

ps. just let me know when and where your new church opens and i'll be there...ha

Increasing... said...

thank you all
undeserved accolades I am sure

Increasing... said...

Vicky why can't i comment on your blog?

vicky said...

try now.

Trevor said...

Dale...I would guess the heartache that goes into a decision like this does not subside easily. I am praying for you guys. I look forward to hearing what is up next for you (I hear Manitoba is nice).

Unknown said...

with the closure of a chapter in your life comes exciting and new possibilities whether they are known to you or not. i know that God has huge things in store for you and i will be praying for you and yours every step of the way. don't forget to visit us sometime. we love you a lot out here dale.
peace out - cbear